Are you a practical coach? Coaching can be the most rewarding thing you do
Coaching is, if done correctly, one of the single most influencing areas within a Team Leader or Management position.
Try answering these questions below to focus you on just how important this part of your role really is. You might surprise yourself in the process.
If carried out with enthusiasm and dedication, coaching could be the most rewarding thing you ever do at work, maybe even in life.
Who coached you?
Think back on your own life. Some of the people who influenced you the most probably pushed you to try harder, to do better, because they believed you could.
The key here is that you are motivating your team members for both their own personal growth as well as the success of the company.
If they know that you have a personal interest in them, they will respect your leadership.
Are you willing to do what it takes to be the best coach your team has ever had?
Think about what makes a great coach
- What's your definition of a great coach?
- Who were the great teachers/coaches in your life?
- What was it that made them a good coach?
- In what ways did each of them inspire you?
- In what ways did each of them encourage you?
- In what ways did each of them challenge you?
- What is the single most important lesson they taught you?
Coaching is simply the process of letting people know that what they do matters to you
Thoughts for the day
- Does your team exist to help you, or do you exist to help them?
- Helping each team member experience personal success is your number one priority. It's also the only way to ensure your own success.
At New Line Ideas we can help you to achieve results from individuals and teams you never knew possible, by caring. It really is that simple.
Let's take this further.
To benefit from an informal discussion on how New Line Ideas can help you achieve long lasting results, please contact us today.