Quick team, give me a solution Produce anonymous 'oracles' to find rapid solutions!
The Delphi technique takes its name from the site of an ancient temple in Greece which produced oracles. Just as in the technique, the Delphic oracles were anonymous. This is how it works:
The Delphi technique
- The group meets and the person who has the problem or challenge that needs resolving outlines the details to the group. He or she may be questioned in turn by members of the group.
- The specific criteria for a solution are agreed in the group. These may include constraints, such as a limit on how much money can be spent or a time deadline.
- Each member of the team writes one or more possible solutions to the problem on a card.
- The cards are all gathered up and solutions are listed.
- Using a ranking sheet, the team then rank the ideas anonymously from 1 to 10 and so create a favoured group solution.
Let's take this further.
To benefit from an informal discussion on how New Line Ideas can help you achieve long lasting results, please contact us today.